Monday, July 18, 2011

How to Make a Wedding Planner Cringe in 10 ways..... Guest blogger: Lauren



Hello everyone! My name is Lauren Galloway and I have known Julia for over 10 years. We both graduated from Western Kentucky University majoring in Hospitality Management and shared a few late nights studying for classes. I miss seeing her and I am honored to be asked to contribute to this wonderful blog Julia has created! I am SO proud of her!


From the weddings I've coordinated, one of the things that I've noticed is working with a bride who is not very organized with her wedding plans. Vendors, set-up, decorations, budget, etc. Having a checklist, timeline, or being organized in some kind of way is SO helpful to your wedding planner. As wedding planners, we are determined to make the day go as well and beautifully as we can for you! It is YOUR day and you need to enjoy it as much as you can! Obviously, there are many times where something will come up last minute that you just can’t always plan for, but if you have done your best to inform your Wedding Planner up until the Wedding day, I can guarantee she will be able to handle those last minute things. There are many checklists and books that help with organizing which you can find online. When you decide to use a wedding planner to help your day run smoothly, she will most likely keep you organized.



Something I would like to HIGHLY recommend to brides is from the moment you start planning your wedding till the end: Keep a binder of important details. Make tabs for Vendors, Rentals, Ceremony, Reception, Transportation, etc.

I’ve enjoyed writing this entry for you all and I hope you find this information useful. Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment