Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting to know... Julia

Hello there!

Before fully launching this blog, I feel like I should introduce myself to everyone out there. I also feel inclined to give you cheesy facts about me and what I like to do in my day to day life. So.... here we go!!

  • I'm from the wonderful city of Kansas City, Missouri. I was raised by my amazing parents and super fun little sister. Surrounded by amazing BBQ, wonderful shopping and living on a lake was the perfect life!
  • After graduating high school, I went to Tampa, Florida to attend college. At a school with only 500 students, it was perfect for a freshman! I met some of my very best friends [and my husband!] at Florida College. Going to college close to the beach was a major perk and always made for fun weekends away.
  • After Florida College, I transferred to Western Kentucky University, located in Bowling Green, KY. I soon decided I would major in Hospitality Management and focus on event planning. This whole time there was a major for planning parties?!! Count me in!!
  • What seemed like 8 years later, I graduated and didn't know what to do next!
  • Since I was dating Jake [future hubby] at the time, I started looking for jobs in his hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas. After a couple weeks, I became front office manager for a local hotel!
  • Jake proposed to me a few months later overlooking downtown Fayetteville, and then began the fun stuff!!!
  • Planning our wedding was just awesome! My mom and I talked every day about every detail imaginable.
  • On August 27, 2011 we had our perfect wedding in Kansas City. Best day ever!!! I still can't believe it's almost been a year!
So here I am now... ready to begin my dream of planning parties, events, weddings and every detail along the way. With lots of experience the last few years, I feel confident it's time for me to put my talent to work. I'm ready to make everyone's day as special mine was. Looking forward to getting to know all my followers better. Hang on ya'll, it's about to get fun!!


1 comment:

  1. best of luck to you!
    you have an awesome blog and I wish you lots of success!

    ReplyDelete