Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sunday Sweetness- Fruit Salad



In the midst of planning some birthday parties, I've been trying to come up with affordable snacks to serve at some upcoming baby showers. 5 of my friends are pregnant and I need to start thinking of the best ways to throw all these showers without going broke! :-) Most of my friends are due in the fall/winter of this year, but I do have 2 summer showers so I plan on using some juicy fruit recipes for those! Let me tell you about a couple super yummy recipes I've discovered and have gone over great with all my guests!

Honey-Lime Fruit SaladIngredients: ALL your favorite fruits!!
My Ingredients: Pineapple, strawberries, kiwi & blueberries
Honey Lime Glaze: equal portions of honey and lime juice....
yep that easy!!


Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
Ingredients for fruit salad:
Blackberries, cut in half
Strawberries, sliced
Kiwi, diced
Blueberries
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and Agave nectar

Add Cinnamon Sugar pita chips for serving

I'll be serving these up at the next few baby showers. Fruit is so colorful and it easily makes the drab buffet table look super cheery. Place in wood bowls, tiered on top of pottery, wood crates, whatever you have! You would be surprised how much stuff you actually have laying around your house that can be used to spice up a buffet line.
Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Wow...LOVE some fruit. What a great blog you have here...can't wait to see the posts to come!

    ReplyDelete